Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Now, back to the old tires 46 years. I was told by a colleague Very nice called Paul, who runs a we


I have a new toy! I know, I know, why do I need another toy? Well this one is something I have been lusting after for about 4 years on and off, with some six or seven-month period when I never even thought about it at all. My new toy is VESPA scooter. Not just any Vespa scooter though, but antiques. This is a scooter Sears 1966 (made by Vespa but Vespa sold through Sears stores in America). While riding home from work one day I happened to pass through a metal building that has all the doors were open, through the open door I could see a lot of old American cars.
As most of you know, I am not ashamed to pull over and talk to almost anyone about anything at the drop of a hat. That is how I got to meet with fellow called Bobby McClain. Bobby is an older colleague, sad to say that he's gone now {summer 2011} but not forgotten, and he and I walked around the car building and such talk for 2 or 3 hours. On the first visit I did not see his little scooter aegi life as it is being played by a 57 Chevy and an old Harley Davidson motorcycles. Anyway, 2 or 3 visits later I came in the wee beastie you see below. Sophia, for it must be the name of the current then, it was all dusty and slightly bedraggled looking but I could see the potential for a cool ride down all the dust. Fortunately for me, I live in an area where everyone wants to be seen in the truck or motorcycle fast that I was the only make sound serious about purchasing Sophia.
Now, back to the old tires 46 years. I was told by a colleague Very nice called Paul, who runs a website called Den of Vespa that the best insurance I could if I ride this old shift will be a new tire. The obvious conclusion is that the long dry rotted tires will only crumble under the pressure of high speed and heavy load I will put on them. Being the type of person who laughs in the face of danger, I continued riding the hell out of the tires. I put over 300 miles on them go crazy with speeds up to 60 miles per hour, and dare to lean into a curve and angle as the second Barry Sheen. (The only motorcycle racer whose name I know. Plus, he is English) Finally, age and strain do not get into the tires and I had a nice soft blow-out at 45 mph on a straight stretch of road smooth. Lucky me! Under the old tire and wheel old.
Well that's all for all the lovers of Motor Vespa now, hope you enjoy the pictures and stories. There will be more to follow the adventures ............. Salama SUPERSCOOTER.
You may use HTML tags and attributes Reviews These: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title = ""> <acronym title = ""> <b> <blockquote cite = ""> <cite> <code> <del datetime = ""> <em> <i> <q cite = ""> <strike> <strong>
Proudly powered by WordPress.

No comments:

Post a Comment