Sunday, December 21, 2014

One citrus plaza redlands of the gifts of being young is that particular blend of self-confidence an

Jaden and Willow Smith on Prana Energy, Time and Why School is Overrated citrus plaza redlands
One citrus plaza redlands of the gifts of being young is that particular blend of self-confidence and self-consciousness. Jaden and Willow Smith have managed to turn this form of heady teenage introspection into expression instead of ennui. Willow, the 14-year-old musician whose debut single, “Whip My Hair,” went platinum citrus plaza redlands when she was not yet a teenager, explains that the gift of life is “looking at nature and being, like, ‘Wow, I am so lucky to have a body and to breathe and to be able to look at this.’ ” To which her older brother Jaden, a 16-year-old actor and musician, adds: “And the huge, terrible thing the world would be missing by not expressing yourself.” To that end, both Jaden and Willow, the children of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith, released new albums this month, including two tracks by Jaden that make their public debut here.
Jaden’s “Cool Tapes Vol. 2″ is an extension of its prequel mostly in name: “At 12, I was just talking about hanging out with girls because that’s pretty much the only thing I was into,” he says. A few years later, citrus plaza redlands the new pieces are suffused with a different sort of bareness, and a self-guided education citrus plaza redlands in topics such as Archimedean solids and mysticism. On a warm November morning, T sat down with Willow and Jaden on a bluff overlooking the Pacific citrus plaza redlands Ocean for their first-ever joint interview to discuss prana energy, the experience citrus plaza redlands of time and the meaning of art.
JADEN: It’s proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It’s relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it’s also such a thing that you can get lost in.
JADEN: [bursts into laughter] As soon as me and Willow started releasing music, that’s one thing that the whole world took away is, okay, they unlocked another step of honesty. citrus plaza redlands If these guys can be honest about everything, then we can be more honest.
JADEN: Exactly. Because your mind has a duality to it. So when one thought citrus plaza redlands goes into your mind, it’s not just one thought, it has to bounce citrus plaza redlands off both hemispheres of the brain. When you’re thinking about something happy, you’re thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple. It’s a tool for understanding mathematics and things with two separate realities. But for creativity: That comes from a place of oneness. That’s not a duality citrus plaza redlands consciousness. And you can’t listen to your mind in those times it’ll tell you what you think and also what other people think.
WILLOW: I mean, “Whip My Hair” was a great thing. When I look back I think, “Wow, I did so much for young black girls and girls around the world. Telling them that they can be themselves citrus plaza redlands and to not be afraid to be themselves.” And I’m doing that now but in a whole different way, coming from source citrus plaza redlands energy and universal truths. People will be, like, “Oh, I’m not going to make a song about exactly how I feel, all the bad ways that I feel, and put it out in the world so everyone can judge me.” But for me, it’s a part of me, it’s my artistic citrus plaza redlands journey. citrus plaza redlands
JADEN: Honestly, we’re just trying to make music that we think is cool. We don’t think a lot of the music out there is that cool. So we make our own music. We don’t have any song that we like to listen to on the P.C.H. by any other artist, you know?
JADEN: Willow just dropped a song (“Cares”), let me quote the lyrics: “I do not care what people say.” We both don’t really care. I like to wear things that I make, but I throw it on as though I was throwing on anything. It looks cool, sometimes.
WILLOW: citrus plaza redlands I like to go to places with my high-fashion things where there are a lot of cameras. So I can just go there and be like, “Yep, yep, I’m citrus plaza redlands looking so sick.” But in my regular life, I put on clothes that I can climb trees in.
JADEN: Anything citrus plaza redlands that you can shock somebody with. The only way to change something is to shock it. If you want your muscles to grow, you have to shock them. If you want society to change, you have to shock them.
JADEN: You know, they become just like us.
JADEN: Here’s the deal: School is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true, it’s not real. Our learning will never end. The school that we go to every single morning, citrus plaza redlands we will continue to go to.
JADEN: You never learn anything in school. Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver’s ed? What’s up? I still haven’t citrus plaza redlands been to driver’s ed becaus

No comments:

Post a Comment